I consider myself one of the lucky ones, when I think about my life journey and the point I’ve reached thus far.
I say lucky because I know what I want in my life, but MOST IMPORTANT, I know what I DON’T WANT in my life. When you don’t know these things, is when problems and confusion can make a presence in your and stick around whether they were invited or not.
I call my state of mind and living simple. Now don’t get me wrong, simple doesn’t mean easy by any means. Don’t make that mistake, because in order for simple to take precedence the choices you need to make may not be comfortable for everyone.
7 things I do to live a simple life.
- I plan the time to work on tasks that require “more” of me. Don’t ask me to come learn to change a tire, when I’m about to make myself a coffee. It’s not happening.
- If the family is planning the schedule or events, I’m vocal from the start with my husband so id he about my yes’ and no’s to everything
- If I don’t have time right now, I’ll let you know
- Limit major tasks that need major attention to only two per day. There’s only so many hours in the day
- Seek joy in saying YES to NO when it’s required.
- Reference my Proverbs and Psalms daily, limit how much junk mail I put in my system
- Where I am, Water is right beside me, as a reminder to drink some everyday
Sounds easy enough? I think so. I’ve never been a YES girl to everything and how I need to live in this life to survive is extremely important to me, especially my health (mental included).
How do you do simple in your life?